The Death Cure by James Dashner

Finally I can say that I read this book. After months of waiting (for some unknown reason) and rereading the others in the trilogy. So here we go. After the shocking ending where Brenda talks into Thomas's head you might be wondering what's with that!? So sorry but that would be ruining some things. *evil grin* Anyways Thomas is left in an all white room his hatred growing for weeks. What's happened to the others? Thomas is patient and hardly reacts at all when the Rat Man comes in telling him he'll see them again and soon he will get his memories back. But part maybe his guilt? doesn't want to get his memories back. He doesn't trust them poking around in his head anyways. He knows what they are capable of. He won't have them controlling him. The  Rat Man drops a bomb. Some people are immune some are not. *Cue crying* - you'll be doing this as early as the first 50 pages. It's just so horrible. Teresa seems to be against him all the way through and he can't seem to forgive her for that and what she did. Now The Death Cure is after all the trials. Now the cure will be revealed with a pretty shocking conclusion to what the cure is.

Ugh. I would sooo like to reveal to you the ones who aren't immune but I won't do it. I'm trying my hardest not to give it away. It creates a wave of pain in my heart... The last book isn't as action packed as the others but it's kind of expected. But I've got to say it wasn't as great. I know I shouldn't judge it negatively just because it doesn't have that much action but... what really got me wasn't that. The ending just left me with.. ugh inside. It was not very fulfilling. The book wasn't the great conclusion that I thought it would be. It still has its great twists but I really lost respect for Thomas. Still you kind of have to read it because it's the end of one of the greatest trilogies out there. And now I finally say farewell Thomas. I'll miss you...

Comments

  1. I LOVE THE MAZE RUNNER TRILOGY!! I DO NOT KNOW WHY BUT IT REMINDS ME OF THE BOOK THE HUNGER GAME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same type of book genre-dystopian. Survival can be a big part of it sometimes which I always love! You might want to try Lockdown (Escape from the Furnace) by Alexander Gordon Smith if you haven't tried it. I have yet to read it but everybody loves it.

      Thanks for stopping by! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

back to top